Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The good, the bad, and the utterly fabulous!

It may come as a surprise to some of you to know that Bryan and I have just received some pretty important callings in the church. I am the Battleford Branch Relief Society President, and he is the Elders Quorum President. Besides us feeling totally inadequate and utterly child-less, we are excited about the opportunity to serve.
I admit that lately I've been feeling a little trapped here on the reserve. Most times I really enjoy the peace and solitude, but I'm trying to complete a writing course here and the Turtleford Library, when it's even open, which is rare, has fewer books than my personal library! Okay, that's an exaggeration, but I'm really missing civilization. I want to see movies, eat Japanese food, and go to the Library on a Saturday. Is that asking for too much?
At least when we're out in the boonies, we get to see some pretty cool things. We attended church in Meadow Lake last Sunday (it's about an hour and twenty minutes away), because we have a bunch of members who meet there instead of driving the several hours to Battleford. The highway takes us through Meadow Lake Provincial Forest. It was gorgeous. And there, right in the ditch by the tree line we saw a black bear. Too cool! I almost sound like those hicks who've never seen a bear before, but it was really neat.
Only twenty sleeps until our vacation starts!

1 comment:

Janna said...

I am glad you are getting more to do. I am excited to see you! The deal with Seija and Shannon is coming along. I'll keep ya posted.