Tuesday, July 10, 2007

this, that, and the other thing

I am one weird cookie.

On June 30, we went to Lloydminster with a couple of boys from the school as their end-of-year incentive-for-being-good trip. We had a good time, played mini golf (I actually beat them all!), played paintball (which is surprisingly painful), ate at Tony Roma's (mmm....prime rib....), and bought another season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Unfortunately, they didn't have season five, so I had to jump right in to season six.

Which I finished in two days. I am such a loser.

So now that I have no more new Buffy, I started on Season one again and worked on my beading project. I caught up to Bryan (he's in season two), and then I decided I should start obsessing about something else.

I went to town (yes, that means Turtleford) and discovered that the library was having a book sale. Dangerous words. I think I bought about thirty books. But since they were only a dime each, I didn't spend all that much. In my creative writing course I have just finished the section on writing for children (so I also borrowed a dozen children's books), and the next section is on writing romance (so I got a few of those, too...) The past few days I have spent in a reading frenzy. First, I finished Monkey Beach. Then I read the 'Da Vinci Code' (finished it in a day, what a superb read!). Then I read Harry Potter 4. Finished it last night (only took me a day). And today, I read 'A Knight in Shining Armor' by Jude Deveraux, my favourite romance. Yeah, I finished it today. Of course, I also read children's books, which take about a half hour to read.

Maybe tomorrow I'll find something else to obsess about. Now, if only I could get obsessive about cleaning.... or working out....

(If you want my thoughts on the various books, surf to Jen Maki Reads!)
(it's over there, on the right...)
(no, your right, not my right...)
(ah, jeepers, here it is http://jenmakireads.blogspot.com/)

Only five more sleeps until vacation!

1 comment:

Janna said...

hahahahaha. you called yourself a loser. hahahahahahaha

Also, Shannon is a no-go for Calgary. Seija can on the 24th, but she is in Europe right now and is pretty much incommunicato.